Hello beautiful people hope you are doing great and you have started this year on the right foot! Many times before or at the beginning of a new year, a lot of people have their “new year resolutions”, their aspirations for the new year and things they want to achieve. As the year goes by, especially after the first few weeks or first month of the year, the desire to achieve these goals begin to dwindle or we tend to forget the goals we have set for ourselves due to various distractions that come our way. Sometimes we tend to leave the goals behind us and pursue some other things during the course of the year and then we end up not achieving them. I want to encourage you to set your face like a flint. Write your goals down, pray and work towards them as the year continues. “Write the vision and make it plain on the tablets, that he may run who reads it” Habakkuk 2:2. What are your goals as a student, a healthcare professional, a lawyer, an artiste, a blogger, a worker, a music minister, a worship leader at your local church, a husband, wife, a pastor, etc ? Whatever your goals are, define them, and work towards them, ask God for grace to accomplish them because we can of ourselves do nothing. By the grace of God, I have decided to work on my goals this year, how about you? Have you started working on yours? You can start now if you haven’t , we have about 2 more weeks in January before the second month of the new year starts.
Action point: Write down your goals, commit them to the Lord, work towards achieving them.
2015 is here!! All glory to God for giving us grace to see this New Year. I pray that this year will bring great joy and fulfillment to us all. Doors will open of their own accord to you as you live a holy and lifestyle of worship. Remember to always commit your ways to God throughout this year and He will make your paths straight. Determine to have a closer walk with God this year, draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. You will see Him at work in your life and you shall not be stranded. Here’s to a glorious and fulfilling 2015.
- Make a commitment to eating mostly healthy and nutritious foods throughout the holiday season!
- Start looking now for a few delicious, nutritious and colorful recipes to add in to your holiday meal plans, and plan on using them!
- When making holiday treats, focus on using healthy and nutritious ingredients in your recipes, whenever possible: Nut Butters, Dried Fruit, Coconut, Coconut Oil, Nuts,Seeds, Fresh Fruit, Honey, Lemon juice, etc.
- Eat a healthy meal or snack before going to holiday parties. This will reduce your chances of over-indulging in non-nutritious foods.
- Make a plan for what you will and won’t eat at holiday parties and dinners. Put thought into choosing mostly healthier foods first, and then indulge in one of your favorite sweet treats.
- Stay away from drinking calorie rich beverages (i.e. Punch). They are loaded with empty calories that are completely lacking in nutrients. Opt for drinking water instead! And be sure to stay well hydrated throughout the day, every day.
- Prepare a Pick-Me-Up snack to keep in your purse or car during holiday shopping season. A little baggie with some Nuts, Seeds and Dried Fruit will provide nutritious calories, protein and good fats that will satisfy your hunger, give you a healthy boost of energy, and prevent you from stopping for a snack or meal lacking in nutrients!
- Reduce your stress-load by choosing to Simplify Your Holidays: Make fewer holiday commitments, deck-your-halls with fewer accessories, scale down on gift giving and make room for more time to relax and enjoy the season!
- Schedule some “Me Time” and put it on your calendar! Plan on indulging in this special time for yourself before holiday stress weighs you down. Be sure to treat yourself with love and kindness, and give yourself a gift of quiet time, time out with a special friend, a spa appointment, or whatever you desire to do.
- Share your desire to have a healthy holiday with your family and friends, and invite them to join you in this journey! Having their support will increase your chances for Staying Healthy Throughout the Holiday.
Board Certified Holistic Health & Wellness Coach
It’s another time of the year when everyone is getting ready for “Thanksgiving Day”. Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. It is a tradition in the United States and this is done yearly, it is one of the major holidays of the year. Family and friends come together for a special meal.
The meal often includes turkey,stuffing,potatoes, cranberry sauce,gravy,pumpkin pie and vegetables and each year at Thanksgiving, the President of the United States receives a gift of a live turkey.
As you celebrate Thanksgiving this year, remember to be thankful to God for who He is to you. Be thankful for everything He has blessed you with and for what He will bless you with.
Let this mind be in you to always give Him thanks not on Thanksgiving Days alone, He is worthy of Praise.
Thanksgiving Day is a time for many people to give thanks for what they have, I am thankful for the gift of life, my family and friends,what are you thankful for ?
This is a perfect way to start this month of October; offering true worship to God.
Don’t miss this if you are in the Maryland area 🙂
On October 3, 2014 @ University of Maryland Colony Ballroom
3100 Stamp Student Union College Park MD 20742
Red carpet event: 5pm
Black Tie event: 6pm
for more information: http://www.waomm.org
I really love the concept of this new release by sis Lara, that is a plus to the love songs we have from gospel artistes 🙂 She released the single and video to celebrate her 10th wedding anniversary. It’s a classic and is one of the 6-track album of love songs… Enjoy!
connect with her on Facebook: Lara George
Congratulations to the award winning gospel artiste Sinach on her wedding.
Don Moen is giving away free T-shirts all you have to do is to make a purchase on this website http://donmoen.com/product/signature-t-shirt/ and you get the free T-shirts!
I watched this video and I thought to share with you….One of the best gifts God has ever given mankind is Salvation , a product of His mercy. His mercy endures forever but remember He is the Lion and the Lamb! He extends His mercy to us and whenever the time is up, He shuts the door. Remember the 10 virgins, some were wise and some were foolish. When it was time for the feast and the foolish ones were not ready, the door was shut! God gives everyone time and after a while, the door shuts…. the same with the story of Noah in those days, the hand of mercy was extended to the people but some refused and the door was shut! The door of salvation was shut!!! Nobody knows when but now that we have the grace, we should live our lives worthy of God’s kingdom…Food for thought!
Enjoy this viideo
Everyone keeps saying forgive, forget, let go and let God…..but you keep thinking within you that you can’t…” I just can’t forgive that person”, why should I forgive, they have hurt me and must pay for it ” and you keep giving and reminding yourself reasons they are not worthy of your forgiveness. Hey dear, you have to just let it go!! let God heal your pain, guilt, your struggles, let Him heal you and give you strength to move on.
You can’t do it on your own and that is why you need His help. So how do I let go?
* Find a place in your heart to forgive that person, if possible, call them up to discuss the issue.
* Ask God to give you strength and the ability to forgive.
* Pray for those people that caused you the pain.” did I just read about praying for them?” Yes, pray for them, your healing lies in your prayer for them. As you pray for them and wish them well, you are also being healed. It is easier said than done, but you can do all things through Christ that strengthens you.
* Ask God to heal your pain. It takes time for the pains to heal but as you give God your pains, He will change them to your gains.
* Take time to worship Him, sing songs of worship to God and express yourself before Him as you do this His presence heals you. He is the Balm of Gilead and that Balm still heals!