- Make a commitment to eating mostly healthy and nutritious foods throughout the holiday season!
- Start looking now for a few delicious, nutritious and colorful recipes to add in to your holiday meal plans, and plan on using them!
- When making holiday treats, focus on using healthy and nutritious ingredients in your recipes, whenever possible: Nut Butters, Dried Fruit, Coconut, Coconut Oil, Nuts,Seeds, Fresh Fruit, Honey, Lemon juice, etc.
- Eat a healthy meal or snack before going to holiday parties. This will reduce your chances of over-indulging in non-nutritious foods.
- Make a plan for what you will and won’t eat at holiday parties and dinners. Put thought into choosing mostly healthier foods first, and then indulge in one of your favorite sweet treats.
- Stay away from drinking calorie rich beverages (i.e. Punch). They are loaded with empty calories that are completely lacking in nutrients. Opt for drinking water instead! And be sure to stay well hydrated throughout the day, every day.
- Prepare a Pick-Me-Up snack to keep in your purse or car during holiday shopping season. A little baggie with some Nuts, Seeds and Dried Fruit will provide nutritious calories, protein and good fats that will satisfy your hunger, give you a healthy boost of energy, and prevent you from stopping for a snack or meal lacking in nutrients!
- Reduce your stress-load by choosing to Simplify Your Holidays: Make fewer holiday commitments, deck-your-halls with fewer accessories, scale down on gift giving and make room for more time to relax and enjoy the season!
- Schedule some “Me Time” and put it on your calendar! Plan on indulging in this special time for yourself before holiday stress weighs you down. Be sure to treat yourself with love and kindness, and give yourself a gift of quiet time, time out with a special friend, a spa appointment, or whatever you desire to do.
- Share your desire to have a healthy holiday with your family and friends, and invite them to join you in this journey! Having their support will increase your chances for Staying Healthy Throughout the Holiday.
Board Certified Holistic Health & Wellness Coach